Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Training Week

Summer has started.  2 of my kids are done with their school work, the other 2 have a bit left.  I've never been good at counting days, we go until the work is done.  But despite lingering work, our summer is in full swing.

The kids are back to swimming, 2 to 3 times a week.  It's now in the morning instead of evening.  The 2 younger boys also have baseball.  That is in the evening, when it's hot.  We opened our pool this past weekend, so in our free time we get out there.

My workout schedule is a bit nuts since I'm in the car more now, as well as at the kids pool.  The pool is at a gym which has weights, but no kettlebells (a few plastic ones up to 20lbs, but that's it).  So I could either bring my bells or use that time to run, and maybe do some yoga.

So far this week:

Sunday--This was day one of the last phase of the Be SLAM program.  It was a combined strength and conditioning workout.  Loved it.

Monday--Practiced 90 minutes of yoga.  I joined YogaGlo this month in order to get more yoga in.  So far I'm loving it.  I'm planning to practice some yoga everyday.  Monday we also went to the zoo and walked probably 3 or 4 miles.  It was a perfect zoo day.

Tuesday--Kettlebells.  Did another combined strength and conditioning workout.  This one included lots of squats as well as snatches.  Went for a 50 minute walk that evening, and practiced some yoga

Wednesday--90 minutes of yoga, this time a Hatha practice focusing on the hips.  Wonderful.  I also tried some Kundalini yoga in the afternoon.  Just a short practice.  I think I will try it again.

Thursday--Today.  I ran 3 miles and then practiced 30 minutes of yoga (in the weight room of the gym!).  In just a bit I'm going to do kettlebell.  I'll see how I feel doing both of these activities in a day.

Friday--if I take the kids swimming I will probably run, then yoga.  I may see if I can use an empty room for my practice.

Saturday--the plan is more kettlebell!

That's my week.  The boys have a game tonight, so that will keep me up late.  This summer will be flying by.



No comments:

Post a Comment