Friday, January 17, 2014

A Week of Progress

It's been a good week, fitness wise.  I've been able to get in my workouts, and feel like I'm making progress.  I don't always see progress, so it feels good to know that all of my hard work is starting to pay off.

First, the plank challenge.  Athleta posted a 30 day plank challenge.  I've been wanting to do more for my core, so this seemed like a way to work that into my daily plan.  I think their challenge is a bit ambitious, but any progress is good, so I keep working at it.  Yesterday and today called for 2 minute planks, and I actually did it.  I didn't think I could, and it felt like I would never make it, but I made it to 2 minutes.  I have no idea if I'll make it any longer, but I got this far.


 holding plank

I also have been able to practice the 30 minute kriya every day.  Today, Friday, makes it 10 days straight, so 30 more days for that challenge.  I've enjoyed the time practicing the kriya, and  I think the arm circles I've been doing have been helping my arms. :)


Kundalini Yoga instructor Kia Miller, from YogaGlo.com


So, my week has looked like this:

Sunday: 5 mile run, plank and handstand practice, 30 min yoga
Monday: rest day, 30 min yoga
Tuesday: 1 mile run plus kettlebell, plank and handstand practice, 30 min yoga
Wednesday: 4 mile run, plank and handstand practice, 30 min yoga
Thursday: 4 mile run with intervals, plank and handstand practice, 30 min yoga
Friday: run plus kettlebell, plank and handstand practice, 30 min yoga.

Tomorrow is yoga day.  I have to take a long day trip, so it will be a short practice in the morning, and hopefully so yin or restorative yoga in the evening.  Plus plank and handstand work.

The handstands are coming along.  Really, I need a stronger core, but I'm working on it, and I plan on to continue working.  I want to be able to do it. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment