Saturday, September 21, 2013

Getting Back to Me

This week has ended up better than it started, which is always nice.  Last week was rough.  We had a series of unfortunate events that made life non-stop for almost a week.  But now it's calmed down and I might (just might!) have a few days of normal.

My workouts this week did not got exactly as planned but still not bad.

Monday- I was supposed to run, but lack of sleep and a long day out of town made it impossible to run.
Tuesday-  60 minutes Vinyassa Yoga
Wenesday- run 3 miles followed by 30 minutes yoga
Thursday- run 3 miles followed by 20 minutes of yoga
Friday- 60 minutes Vinyassa Yoga
Saturday -90 minutes Kundalini yoga
Sunday - I plan on running, maybe 4 miles

There has been lots of yoga.  I know I need to work on regaining strength after my back injury, and yoga seems like the best way to go about it.  I'm enjoying it.  In fact I'm enjoying it so much I may push off adding kettlebells for a few more weeks.  I think it will be better if I do more body weight and core work, which yoga provides.  I will add back kettlebell, especially as my runs move inside to my treadmill.  I'm not fond of the treadmill, and I think I will do kettlebell with sprint runs this winter.

Last night we were up late with friends.  Our church was doing a campout at the local State Park.  I didn't want to camp out, but we joined everyone for songs and s'mores around the campfire.  It was a lovely evening.  I'm thinking of my friends right now.  It's pouring rain, and I know how hard it is to pack up in the rain.  I'm glad we didn't camp out, and just came home to our beds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment