Monday, September 30, 2013

A New Fitness Goal

I couldn't sleep.  It is almost 1:00 in the morning and I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep.  Last night, at 11:30, I did a 30 minute yoga for insomnia routine (from YogaGlo.com).  I probably should do something like that again, but I thought I'd get online instead. :)

I was thinking about kettlebell today.  I am still nervous to get back into it, but I would like to do a little.  I thought maybe doing a few routines from either BeSlam or from Kettlebells for Women, but I don't know how that would work with running.  So I'm going to go a different route.  I'm going to try and do the 10,000 swing challenge. I think I first read about that challenge on Tracy Reifkind's site Lisa Shaffer's site, but it's been awhile.  When I read it I thought it sounded fun, but at the time, it didn't seem like it would help me meet my goals.  But now I think it would be a great way to ease back into kettlebell.  I will use a 12kg (26lb) bell, not too heavy, and I will try and do 400 swings a day, which I can do in about 15 minutes.  I would need 400 swings a day for 25 days.  That gives me Sunday's off, as well as 2 other days.  I want to do this.  This should help with core strength, as well as help me feel like I haven't given up on kettlebell.

So, goals for October: run 12 to 15 miles a week, at least 2 yoga sessions a week, and kettlebell swings everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment