Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1 of 10,000 Swing Challenge

Tuesday WO: 45 minutes vinyasa yoga in the AM
                     400 swings right before lunch!

I did 10x10 2h swings as a warm up, then I did 2 sets doing 2h 10, rest;  2h 10+10 T, rest; 10 2h+10 T+ 5L+5R, rest; 10 2h rest, 10 2h+ 10 T +10R +10L.  I then followed it with 5x20 2h swings. All was done with my 12 kg bell.

I really focused on keeping my core strong.  I think I tended to bounce into my lower back with my swings.  I'm trying to feel that mini ab "crunch" as I swing up to chest level.

The whole thing took me 18 minutes.  It was harder than I thought.  This challenge is going to be a real challenge.  But that's good.  I'm excited.  I've needed some direction and since I don't feel like I can go back to BeSlam yet, I think this is good prep.

The yoga I did this morning was too rough if I'm going to be doing running and kettlebell. I need to stick to gentle flows.  This morning was the first time I tried Tiffany Cruikshank on YogaGlo.  She does a good workout, all moving with the breath.  It was good strength and breath work.  But I don't need that strength right now.  I need more opening of my hamstrings, hips, and shoulders.  But I was impressed with Tiffany and I recommend her if you want to practice yoga and get strong.

I want to try and at least log all of my swings on here, but I don't know if I'll be able to post everyday.  I may try.

No comments:

Post a Comment