Wednesday, October 30, 2013

10,000 Swings!

I did it.  Today I completed the 10,000 swing challenge.  I finished up with an 800 swing workout, which took me 40 minutes.  I sort-of followed a workout from Tracy Reifkind's book, The Swing.  I needed more rest than she gave, plus I had to add 10 to make it 800.

I'm glad I did the month.  I needed a goal this month.  I haven't wanted to do any races, and with my back issue I couldn't just restart BeSlam, so this got me through.  I feel like I completed something, and now I'm ready to move on.

I'm still unsure what I'm going to do.  I did just get bands to help with pull-ups.  I want to improve my upper body and core strength, so push-ups, pull-ups, as well as other core work is in the plan.  I don't want to give up on running, or yoga, so I'll have to work it out.  I think I'll need to not be so type A about it all, so that I can just do what I enjoy.  My goal has been my health, both physical and mental, so I need to keep doing the things that I like and make me feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment