Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 15

I'm over half way!  Today's 400 swings put me at 5,200!

Today I had to break it up.  Monday's are late nights.  The kids have music lessons then orchestra practice in a city that's over an hour a way.  We get back around 10:00 at night.  So on Tuesday morning we all sleep in a bit.  I also like to practice yoga on Tuesday.  After my long Monday's, I need it.  So today, in between teaching the kids, I did kettlebell swings.  I did 100 at a time, then I did some negative chin-ups on my bar.

For my swings, I've been doing 15 secs on/ 15 off.  1st 10 two handed swings, followed by 10 TR swings, followed by 5 R/5L.  I do 3 rounds like that, then finish with 10 more 2h swings.  That makes 100 in 5 minutes.  I had been wanting to do more 1 handed swings in order to improve my grip.  This month, because I'm doing high volume and coming off an injury, I'm sticking to 12kg.  When I do heavy swings, I use 20kg.  Someday, I would like to repeat the 10,000 swings using my 16kg, or at least putting it into the mix.  But I have a hard time with the grip for 1 handed swings with the 16kg.  So right now I'm trying to increase the number of 1 handed swings in order to improve that grip.

And I did get that yoga done.  I had a lovely practice using YogaGlo.com.  It was a practice with Jason Crandell called Yin & Yang.  It was a perfect practice for someone who does a lot of other exercising.

And my lovely day at home was topped off with a pasta dinner.  I topped my pasta with a mixture of roasted eggplant and peppers which were picked from my garden. And of course, a nice glass of red wine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment