Thursday, April 4, 2013

Testing my Limits


This new kettlebell program I am following is divided up into Strength and Conditioning days.  I decided I could run on the Conditioning days since the workouts were meant to be dynamic (cardio) and I could do as little as 3 rounds.  This way I could continue working on kettlebell but still run.  Today I did the second conditioning workout along with a run.  I ran first, just 30 minutes easy.  I then did 5 rounds of the conditioning workout, which was high-pulls and push-presses.  I felt good while I did the workout, but.....my brain was toast.  I ate a banana between the run and kettlebell, but clearly, it was not enough.  I made great breakfast of 3 eggs (1 whole, 2 eggs whites), spinach, and goat cheese, along with an orange and cup of coffee.  I was still in a fog an hour later.  And even now, after I've had lunch, I feel tired.

I may have to separate the running and kettlebell.  I could do one in the morning, and the other in the afternoon.  I don't want to lose my running ability.  I have never had the best cardiovascular system, and if I drop off in the running, it will suffer.  I may get to the point where I just try to run a mile a day, just to keep it up.  I could walk for 5 minutes, run for a mile, then walk another 5, for a nice 20 minutes.  It would be easy and help me feel like I'm not giving up something I love.

Tomorrow I will do a little yoga in the morning and then when the weather turns a bit nicer go for a short run at the park.  It will be nice to get outside, of course, my allergies may not agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment