Saturday, March 30, 2013

Switching Gears

I've been enjoying doing Kettlebells for Women.  I was on week 7.  But Lauren Brooks came out with another progam and I bought that. It's called, Be SLAM.







My plan was to finish out KFW through week 8, which was the end of phase 2. The 3rd month in the program used a lot of double bells and I didn't want to do that. I wad going to modify it, but when I saw her new program I went with that.



Rest day tea


After looking over the new program, I decided it fit me better. It is broken down into strength and conditioning days.  The conditioning days are such that I could run as well as do kettlebell. The program is also more basic. KFW had a lot of different exercises, this sticks to kettlebell basics, which I like.  Today, I'm taking a rest day, tomorrow I'll start day 1 of the new program.


My bells


Yesterday, I ran for 2 miles.  It was an interval workout.  I went slowly for a 5 minute warm up, then did 4 sets of 2 minutes fast (9 min mile), 1 min walking, 2 minutes slow jog.  After I was done I did the kettlebell workout.  It was focused on TGU's, so it was easy to do together.  I would like to improve my running, as well as gain strength from the weights, but I'm still going to focus on the kettlebells.  As the weather gets nicer (I'm sure it will some day), I would like to take short runs at the park. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment