Sunday, March 10, 2013

This is my attempt at blogging.  I've been reading blogs for years, but I never wanted to actually write one.  I mean, what do I have to say that anyone would want to read.  And maybe it will be nothing.  I don't really know much about blogging, like how to set stuff up.  I can't even figure out how to get what I want on the header.  I'll work on that later.

I decided to start a blog because I couldn't find one like I wanted out there.  This will mostly focus on my exercising.  I've been running for 5 years.  I've run 3 half marathons and 3 5k's.  Not a whole lot, but a lot for this busy mom.  I have 5 kids.  I homeschool.  I keep very busy.  I also practice yoga, which I love.  To me, everyday should start with yoga.  I wish I had time for that.  For now, I settle for a little yoga after my workouts, and at least 1 full, dedicated practice a week.  I also enjoy kettlebells.  I've been doing a little bit of kettlebells for the past year.  I own 2 of Lauren Brooks DVDs .  I highly recommend volume 1 and 2 of her series.  This year, after a horrible bout of the flu where I managed to crack a rib (from coughing), I decided I wanted to get stronger.  I don't want to stop running, but I want to get stronger.  So I'm cutting back on my running and focusing on kettlebells.  I bought Lauren's book Kettlebells for Women , and I just finished the 1st month.  I own 2 kettlebells, a 15 lb Gofit bell, and a 12 kg Ader bell.  I've been pushing myself to use the 12 kg bell as much as possible, the result is that my left shoulder was yelling at me today when I tried to do the suitcase deadlift.  I dropped back down to the lighter bell for that today.

My goal in all of this is to get stronger.  I started running after a bad, mystery illness that left me unable to function for a time.  After that I knew I needed to start taking care of me.  I was never an athletic person.  I hated gym when I was in school.  I'm tall and weak.  I started running at 38.  Now at 43 I want to add some strength.  All of this is my me time.  It's my therapy.  It's my way of taking time for me and getting out all of the stress that taking care of 5 kids gives me.  I love my kids, but homeschooling and running them to all of their activities leaves me fried.  Running for miles at the park or swinging that bell makes me feel sane again.  

1 comment:



  1. thank you for giving good information about health and fitness we are on same industry and provied health and fitness related information get more or information so visit us
    Visit

    ReplyDelete