Saturday, March 16, 2013

Working with a Trainer

This morning I had to take 3 of my kids to a group violin lesson.  While they practiced I read on my Kindle.  I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas, and I'm enjoying it.  The book is well written.  The first chapter was a bit hard to get into, but after that I got hooked.  It was pleasant to sit in the sunshine (it's 70 here), with violins playing in the background, and read a good book.

Today was a kettlebell workout day.  I got up early (thanks to my husbands alarm) and did a little yoga.  It was good to stretch out before getting in the car and driving.  I didn't do my planned kettlebell workout because instead, I drove an hour to the city and met with a  RKC kettlebell  trainer (the kids were in tow, since in was after violin, I bought them lunch at Chick fil a as a bribe).  I met him today for the first time, and we went over all of the basics; the squat, swing, clean, press, TGU.  He was very nice and very helpful.  I have been doing decently on my own, if I do say so myself ;), but still,  he was able to help me fine tune.  My swing is better (I could easily swing a heavier bell!), my clean is better, and I have a much better understanding of the TGU.  He was definitely worth the hour, and I look forward to working with him again. Because he's so far away, I'm planning on every 2 months, at least for the next year.  I really want to improve in kettlebell.

I wish there was a kettlebell gym closer, but I'm quite happy that I was able to find a trainer.  He doesn't have a web-site or I would link it.  He doesn't do this full time, just on the side, but he was very professional and did a great job.

Off to order some new, heavier bells. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment