Sunday, April 6, 2014

Great Weekend

I had a very nice weekend. Saturday morning I did not want to do anything. I couldn't even muster the energy needed for yoga. After dragging my feet all morning, I got the energy for a short hike. My husband,  boys, and did a short but difficult hike. It had a beautiful waterfall and fun rocks to climb. After the hike we all went to the movies. We saw the new Captain America movie. We all loved it. We ended our evening with game night. I learned how to play Dominion.  Fun game.

Eagle  Falls




This morning my husband and I went on a lovely 6 mile run, but it was cold. It was 36 degrees this morning.  The run felt good. I ran almost 22 miles this week, which is the most I've done in a long time. This week I start training for my private 10k. I also start back with kettlebell.  I started the kettlebell today. I did 3 sets of 100 swings. Those sets were broken down to 5x20 swings.
During the first set I did 5x5 push ups, during the 2nd set I did 5x5 pull ups, and the last set I did waiter holds with 350on, and then a 1 minute double rack hold and walk.
Today was also pamper myself day. I did an at home facial, a mani and a pedicure. The manicure didn't come out great. I never do those, so I lack practice.  But overall a nice day and a good weekend.


Love game night.    

No comments:

Post a Comment