Friday, April 4, 2014

Survived My Day

After a long morning (I did get all of the classes my kids needed and wanted!!!) I went to the mall for lunch and a little retail therapy.  I'm not a retail therapy kind of gal, but I had a coupon for Sephora and I had had a rough morning. Plus, combine that with the fact that my first born just turned 20, and I was feeling the desire for a bit of special pampering.

I bought enough to earn my 500 point bonus gift. :)


I then did a bit of Easter shopping and headed home. When I got home I had a little over 90 minutes before I had to head back out the door for an open house at a college for dual enrollment.  I desperately wanted to sneak a run in. I knew I would then have to shower and pack supper, so that gave me 30 minutes to run. I made it an interval workout. I did a 10 minute warm-up, then 5x 2 minutes as fast as I could followed by a 1 minute walk recovery.  Then I ran 5 minutes as a cool down. It was 80 and humid and I ran hard. By the end I was regretting the Chic-fi-a I had for lunch. But still, it felt great to run. The open house was great; completely worth the hour drive.  The day ended well.


It's always good to get in a run.







No comments:

Post a Comment