Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Schedule and Binge Eating

I'm going to start with the binge eating.  I never had an eating problem.  I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full.  Then I got to my 40's.  It's been an issue, not a huge issue but an issue.  I don't know if it's stress, hormones, or both. I have been hungrier thanks to the increase in my strength workouts, but I don't think that's it.

Today I had eaten well, that is I had until tonight. I was very hungry all afternoon, but I did eat a good snack to deal with it.  I then ate a good dinner (mushroom-pumpkin chili). I ate the chili but I was still hungry, and that's when I lost control.  I think I ate half a box of Peanut butter Puffins!  I just kept eating, and now I feel over stuffed.  I find it odd, because I was never a person who did that.  It's very new to me.  It hits me a few times a month, and I find it disturbing.  It's not a weight thing. I'm not overweight, and I'm not dieting and trying to lose weight.  It's just an out of control food thing. I need to find a way to make it stop.

Now on to a more fun topic, my workout schedule!  I still can't run.  I had been doing kettlebell 3x's a week and yoga 3x's a week.  Kettlebell is about to go all out, with 5 workouts a week.  Some will be strength focused and some more conditioning focused. I plan to incorporate yoga after most workouts.  I'm determined to keep it up.  I need yoga.  Yoga, for me, is meditative, and I don't want to lose that.

But now for my workouts.  I'll be using Lauren Brooks DVDs.  I made a 5 week schedule based on suggested rotations of the DVDs that Lauren provided.  5 weeks gets me to Thanksgiving, at which point I plan to take a week off and just practice yoga, then it will be back to strength training.

Kettlebell Revelation™I'm using these DVDs

The Kettlebell Body™
The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD Volume 2The Ultimate Body Sculpt & Conditioning with Kettlebells Vol.1


             










I'm excited. I feel like this is a good direction for now, even though I'm missing running a lot.  I'm hoping to really improve my overall strength so that I can get back to running when this hamstring gets healed up.

This week I'm using the Kettlebell Body DVD.

  Monday will be Sculpt plus an added tabata,
 Tuesday will be Butts plus yoga,
 Wednesday will be a conditioning workout from BeSlam, Conditioning 1(not a video) plus yoga,
 Thursday is my yoga class day,
 Friday will be Sculpt plus yoga,
 Saturday will be Body plus yoga,
 Sunday is my Yin yoga day.:)

 That's my week.  I plan to report back on how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment