Saturday, March 1, 2014

I Did It!!!

I got myself upside down (with help), and stayed in handstand against the wall.  I've been working on that and this week I was able to walk my legs up one wall and toss them across to the other.  It may be a bit of cheating; I still can't kick all the way up to the wall, but I don't care.  :)  I got myself upside down and could hold it.  I didn't even feel shaky.  I believe all of my push-ups and pull-ups are starting to pay off.

Right now, I working on doing 50 push-ups and 50 pull-ups (using a green band for assist) 3x's a week.  The goal is on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.  Wednesday I plan on adding in a bit of extra core work after my run.

Running felt more difficult this week.  It may have been because of the extra arm/shoulder work.  My shoulders felt tired when I ran on Thursday.  They've never felt like that before.  Who knew tired shoulders could affect your run?

It's been a busy week.  I spent a lot of time driving my kids places, and getting ready for my middle son's birthday.  He turned 12.  I think he had a pretty good birthday week.  He got to visit with a friend who had moved out of country, and for his birthday he got an iPod touch (which he has wanted forever) and a Rip Stick skateboard.  He's a happy 12 year old boy.

Also this week, we got something fun.  My husband won a gift certificate and we used it towards the purchase of a trampoline!  We have 4 kids still at home who are very excited about the trampoline.  It got put together today, and they've had a lot of fun jumping. I think it's a great way to get the kids outside and away from the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment